Wednesday, November 2, 2011
9:00AM - 4:00PM
Join us at the new Grousbeck Center for Students and Technology in Watertown, MA
to learn about assistive devices for people with visual impairment.
Stop by any time between 9am and 4pm for this FREE event.
- Try out high-tech devices and new tools for independent living.
- Participate in presentations and hands-on demonstrations of new products by experts from Freedom Scientific, Humanware and Perkins Products.
- Talk to experts about solutions for you or someone you know who is living with vision loss.
- Discuss the challenges you (as a user, teacher, administrator, etc.) have in selecting and using the appropriate devices.
- Explore Perkins’ new state-of-the-art Grousbeck Center for Students and Technology.
|8:30am||Early-bird tour of the Grousbeck Center|
|9:00am||Introduction and Welcome|
|9:15am||HumanWare presentation about their digital talking book players including the Victor Reader Stratus, the newest features of the Apex note takers and their new line of braille displays|
|10:30am||Open discussion and hands-on demonstrations|
|11:00am||HumanWare discussion and demonstration of their low vision devices|
|12:00pm||Open discussion and hands-on demonstrations|
|12:30pm||Break for lunch and tour of the Grousbeck Center|
|1:00pm||Introduction of new Perkins Products|
|1:30pm||Freedom Scientific presentation about the Pearl hardware and Openbook software for scanning and reading text aloud|
|2:30pm||Freedom Scientific presentation about the new JAWS 13|
|3:00pm||Open discussion and hands-on demonstrations|
View directions to the Perkins campus.
Any questions please email email@example.com.
Time: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Grousbeck Center for Students and Technology
175 North Beacon Street
Watertown, MA 02472